Monday 17th August – Due to the ongoing restrictions and continued uncertainty in the sector, the Management Team have taken the difficult decision to suspend all our services in order to fully assess the options for the business going forward. We are currently working with all parties attached to the services as investors and creditors to reach the most responsible decision regarding the business as a whole. This is not a decision that has been taken easily but we have been left with no option as a result of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. The continued delay in allowing indoor Centres to re-open, matched with the significant levels of cancelled places in our after school service due to widespread changes to parent’s working arrangements, has left us unable to sustain the business at this time. We also have a number of concerns specific to the nature of our business, such as offering high-volume events, running music & singing activities, having frequently used equipment and the attached restrictions of social-distancing in smaller rooms, and this has forced us to fully assess our current position. The considerable overheads in a building like ours, and the lack of any income for 6 months has had a massive impact on our financial situation and we now face the prospect of either closing completely, removing some of our services or passing the service on.
We hope that this review will be completed soon and we will post further details once this has been done.
Thursday 30th July – Following the latest government announcements on Thursday 30th July, the Centre will need to remain closed for soft play, classes, events and parties until further notice. An indicative date of 14th September has been given at this stage for re-opening, but this is subject to change based on the ongoing review of Covid-19 cases. As a result of this, the Management Team are currently assessing the implications of this announcement and are discussing the options for the business going forward. We are in the process of conducting a full business re-structure and will update details of this in due course. If the business is in a financial position to re-open, then this would likely involve a phased plan that may see some services opening before others. We are also awaiting sector-specific guidelines that may also influence which parts of the business we can open.
At present, we have put all party bookings on hold as we are unable to commit to any dates at his time. We may have to review our party options based on possible restrictions related to social distancing and group numbers, but will find alternatives for those impacted by these factors. We will contact all existing bookings directly and will arrange refunds for any deposit payments made before lockdown.
We will also be contacting all our After School parents directly to discuss the options for this service. Again, if it is financially viable, we intend to re-start this from 12th August. New guidelines for this type of service have been produced and we have begun the process of adapting the building and changing procedures so that we can adhere to these.
We will continue to monitor all the information that is forthcoming from authorities and will update our website and Facebook page accordingly. If anyone has any questions relating to this, please get in touch by contacting us at email@example.com.