If you fancied scaling the heights, why not try our 5-lane Children’s Climbing Wall, which is available as part of your entry fee at set times during the week. Each lane varies in difficulty and you can work through each one at a pace that suits. Our activity team will be on hand to prepare and guide you, and ensure that you are safe throughout. We supply both helmets and harnesses, and you will be attached to an auto belay, which will slowly bring you down when descending, or protect you if you lose your grip. If heights aren’t your thing, we also have a purpose-built traverse wall, which is available at all times throughout the week.
- While the starting age for the wall is 5 year old, other factors such as height, strength and appropriate clothing/footwear may also be considered when assessing suitability.
- The staff will aim to place the children on the starting level that they deem most appropriate, and move them on when they have shown proficiency at each each level . This may put a greater demand on certain lanes than others, so waiting times may vary.
- At busy times, we may have to limit the length of time each child can stay on the wall.
- Children should not disconnect their own harnesses when finished. This is the responsibility of the staff only.
- There is no pressure on children to reach the top of the wall, they are welcome to climb to a height that suits until they have the confidence to venture further. Staff will be on hand to guide anyone that needs additional advice or support.
Climbing Wall Availability
We are unable to guarantee the wall being available at all times, so please check in advance if you are looking to do this in particular. Where staff are available, we will always try to open it on request, but due to other commitments in the Centre, times may vary for this. We do however, have particular times when it will be available, including:
Friday FunZone – The wall is available every week during term time at our Friday FunZone, alongside a number of other activities. This runs from 3.30-6.00pm each week. (click here for more details)
Fun Days – We run regular Fun Days during school holidays and long weekends, and these include climbing sessions as part of the schedule. We’ll usually advertise these in advance and post details on the Website, Facebook and in the Centre
Weekends – We often operate a ‘Specials Board’ at weekends including lots of fun sessions for children coming along to the Centre. These are co-ordinated by our Activities Team, and include the climbing wall, table games, laser tag, arts & crafts, tig games and drop slide.
Parties & Events – The climbing wall can also be booked as one of our Party Packages, either as part of our Adventure Stars Party or as an add-on to another party option. (click here for more details).